The Technical Committee deals with all technical issues related to the conservation and sustainable use of aquatic genetic resources. It gives recommendations for scientific reports and statements and supports the implementation of the National Programme on Aquatic Genetic Resources.
The Technical Committee has 13 members from Federal and Länder authorities, professional associations/organisations, science and business. The Technical Committee is supported by a secretariat located at the IBV of the BLE.
Main areas of work
• Advice on technical issues concerning the implementation of the National Programme on AqGR
• Analysis and evaluation of measures for the conservation of aquatic genetic resources
• Development of new measures and improvement of existing measures
• Updating of the National Programme
• Coordination of measures with involved actors, in particular with the Federal and State Governments, as well as representatives from science and practice
• Exchange of information and experience